Welcome To The Community!
After receiving an overwhelming amount of emails and messages, I created this forum as a way to streamline my process of communication.
This is an open community for those interested in video production, audio production, live streaming, broadcasting, post production, and more. Get answers to your questions, gear recommendations, share knowledge with others, or simply connect with like-minded individuals.
I want everyone to get the most out of this community, so I ask that you please read and follow these guidelines.
I'm looking forward to connecting with you!
Looking For Help?
You've come to the right place!
First, be sure to do a few searches for keywords related to your topic: it could be someone has already started a discussion about it. If you can't find any information that answers your question(s), then it's time to post.
When starting a discussion, please keep the following in mind:
- Give it a good title. You'll get the best results if your title makes it clear what you want to talk about.
- Keep posts to one topic as much as possible. Asking multiple questions about multiple topics in one discussion tends to confuse and clutter the conversation.
- Be detailed. The more context you can give, the better it can help those providing answers or suggestions.
- If you are looking for recommendations, providing information like expected budget, intended use, expectations, and other context will get you better answers.
- You don't need to sign your posts. Your profile is attached to every post and comment to let everyone know who you are.
Joining The Conversation?
While this forum is a way for me to connect with others, it is also a community. I welcome discussion from everyone as long as it's productive and respectful.
When commenting on discussions, please keep the following in mind:
- Don't reply to a title. Take some time to read the OP and scan the rest of the conversation first.
- Ask yourself if your reply adds to the discussion. If it doesn't, give it some more thought before posting.
- Avoid making one-word posts just to agree with someone; you can use the "Like" link for that.
- Avoid making multiple posts in a row when one would suffice. This is a forum, not a chat room.
- If your reply is likely to divert the course of the discussion, consider starting a new discussion instead.
- Make sure your replies provide constructive feedback and support to allow for an inclusive community.
- I like to keep conversations casual and welcome humor (so does your mom). But I ask that you try to avoid derailing a discussion altogether with jokes.
Above All, Be Cool!
We are all here to be better. Criticizing ideas (by means of reasoned arguments, of course) is an important part of that. But please do not get carried away with personal attacks, because negativity only gets in the way.
I also ask that you avoid the following:
- Offensive or abusive language, as well as any kind of hate speech.
- Posts intended to harass, impersonate, or defame others.
- Unnecessary deletion of posted content.
- Attempts to abuse or expose the private information of others.
- Obscene or sexually explicit content.
- Spam, phishing posts, and any actions intended to deface this site.
- Marketing, solicitation, affiliate links, or other forms of advertising your own products or business (unless approved by Joel prior to posting).
- Obfuscating a link's true destination, for example with the use of link shorteners.
- Discussion of software piracy, copyright or trademark infringement, and similar topics.
All the above are grounds for moderator action. If you have an issue with another member or a comment, please use the Report command on the post in question, then leave it up to me (or the moderators) to deal with the situation.
I (or the moderators) reserve the right to edit or delete any content that is against these guidelines or disruptive to the flow of communication. Serious or repeated offenses may lead to suspension of the offending user's account. So, you know, be cool. 😎
I participate in affiliate programs, including Amazon Associates. View my affiliate disclaimer for more details.
I reserve the right to edit Amazon links posted by users to forward through my Amazon Associates tag.